Car Accident compensation experts throughout Scotland
- you have had a car accident in the last three years
- the accident was not your fault and
- you have been injured
then contact us today for free, no obligation expert advice from a Personal Injury Lawyer.
Car accidents are sadly all too common. They can often be the most distressing types of accidents to be involved in.
If you were a driver or a passenger in a vehicle involved in a car accident and if you were injured, you are entitled to claim compensation. Car accidents can happen in many different circumstances. Some of the most common that arise include:
- Another vehicle colliding with the rear of your stationary or slowing vehicle in a queue of traffic
- A driver of a vehicle undertaking a manoeuvre without checking it is safe to do so and perhaps without signalling
- Another vehicle coming out of or turning into a junction or failing to keep a proper lookout for other vehicles
- A vehicle changing lanes without first checking it is safe to do so
- A driver of a vehicle failing to give way
- The driver of a vehicle failing to observe priorities indicated by road signs or markings
- The driver of a vehicle failing to keep a proper lookout
The trauma of a car accident can go deeper than the suffering and discomfort of the injury. Out of pocket expenses, insurance policy premium and in some cases loss of earnings just add to the misery. All through no fault of your own.
Contact us for a free no-obligation discussion on your rights.
For an accident anywhere in Glasgow, Edinburgh, Perth, Dundee, Aberdeen, Inverness or anywhere in Scotland, it is important that you have a firm of Scottish solicitors acting for you and LawWin, the specialist division of one of Scotland’s leading firms of solicitors, can give you the help you need and quick answers to your questions.
Is there anything I need to do?
It is helpful for us to have some pieces of information such as those listed below. Don’t worry if you cannot get all these pieces of information – there might well be other ways that we can get the details:
- The name and address of the responsible party
- The responsible party who was driving a vehicle, the registration of that vehicle and if possible name of their insurer
- Names and contact details of any witnesses to the accident
- If possible, photographs of the area of the accident as well as photographs showing any damage to either your or the other vehicle and any other property
- An understanding of the position and movements of the vehicles involved in the accident
Some accident circumstances are very straight forward but others are not.
What compensation can you claim?
The answer will depend partly on how the accident and the injuries have affected you and we will take the time necessary to understand what the accident has meant for you. The most common categories are:
- Compensation for the pain and suffering you have had, and might still have, as a result of your injuries
- Compensation for loss of income if your injuries have meant you were unable to work for a period
- Compensation to reflect any future injury-related difficulties you may have in working
- Compensation for help given to you by family members with care or everyday activities you cannot do because of your injuries
- Your car insurance policy excess
- Repair costs for vehicle damage not covered by your own insurers
- Cost of hiring a replacement vehicle if your own car is off the road
Driver, passenger or pedestrian, we’ll act quickly to make sure the compensation claim is as painless as possible.
How can LawWin help?
As the specialist claims division are one of Scotland’s leading law firms, LawWin’s specialist team of personal injury experts will be with you every step of the way to reduce the worry about making a claim and to secure the best possible outcome for you in the claim.
- In our first discussion with you, take the time to understand fully not just the accident circumstances but also what the injuries have meant for you, your family and your life
- Provide you with the peace of mind of knowing that we will act on a no win/no fee basis
- Make sure we are armed with as much information as possible to persuade the responsible party’s insurers to accept liability for the accident
- Move quickly to progress your claim as speedily as possible
- We can in many cases help you to obtain private treatment, rehabilitation and therapy services to help you on the way to your recovery
- Ensure we have all information to allow us to maximise the amount of compensation you receive should your claim succeed including:
- Full medical evidence on all injuries suffered by you as a result of the accident
- Information to confirm any wage loss or loss of other income suffered by you because of the injuries
- Details of help given to you in or around the house by family members, cleaners or tradesmen
- Your car insurance policy excess (if applicable)